International Volunteering Projects for School and College Groups
Projects Abroad offers a wide variety of projects for School and College groups to join in the developing world. Our aim is to take the pressure off you by organising safe, rewarding and enjoyable trips for anything from five to one hundred students. Groups not only gain invaluable experience that will look great on their CV’s, but they’ll have the unique chance to contribute to a worthwhile project.
Projects Abroad has been specialising in arranging volunteer placements in the developing world since it was founded in 1992. Over the last decade we have sent over 90,000 volunteers from each corner of the globe to hundreds of different projects across 30 destinations and volunteering as part of a group has grown dramatically during that time.
What Projects Abroad provides
- Projects Abroad offers one free staff place for each nine students that travel
- Projects Abroad are happy to come and visit you to talk about the trip, before you’ve even signed up
- Projects Abroad will talk to the students about all aspects of the trip and provide parents with the opportunity to have all their questions answered
- All our group trips have a full risk assessment carried out
- Projects Abroad will support you and the group from application to departure
- We can give ideas on fundraising and help with flights, insurance and advice on what the group should take with them on their trip
- Projects Abroad provides a comprehensive induction and orientation, as well as detailed itineraries
All of these factors are the reason Projects Abroad have been approached by an increasing number of schools and colleges looking to travel abroad and by joining us your group becomes part of a global community working on meaningful projects.
We offer a wide range of volunteer trips which usually result in many school and college groups combining different elements into a single project. Your group could spend a week organising sports for school children in Ghana and the next be building homes for the local community. At Projects Abroad we understand that every group will have their own aspirations for a project, so we offer you the chance to customise your placement - choosing where you go, how long for and when you want to leave and return. You tell us your time frames and we will fit these in with the needs and requirements in our destination countries.
"The opportunity to learn about a world very different from their own in a safe and supportive environment is the hallmark of a Projects Abroad experience. This company offers a complete experience with impressive attention to detail from start to finish. The professionalism of the Projects Abroad staff, both in the field and at the head offices, is commendable, reliable and totally reassuring to both school administrators and parents as we coordinate these wonderful experiences for our students"
Judy Ross, Director of External Studies, St. Mildred's-Lightbourn School (1999-2015)
If you want more information on the types of projects that your school or college group can get involved with, please see here.